Tuesday, April 22, 2008

2008 NBA Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks vs New Orleans Hornets (Game 2 Postgame)

Well, there's still time on the clock, but before I completely lose my cool, I'll let you know what I thought...


63%!!!! Are you kidding me? In a playoff game. I said it earlier and I'll scream it now. DO NOT double Chris Paul!! No one on the current roster can guard him or effectively double him. It won't work, he'll get everyone and anyone an open shot if you double him. I'd rather make him shoot every shot for the rest of the series and make him beat me by shooting jump shots. Stay off of him and make him shoot. He's the worst shooter on the team. Would you rather Paul, Peterson, Peja or West shoot??

Offensively, I liked what we did. Everyone pretty much drove to the basket. We're getting free throw attempts. We're scoring enough points. The problem is on the other side of the ball.

With that said, the series is over. Thank you, good night. This team is simply not good enough. We traded away the one player that could have made a difference. Yeah, I'm going there again, Devin Harris. TNT put up some stats and against Devin, Paul averaged 7 less points, 10% drop in FG%, 3 fewer assists and 1 less steal. Just to let you know.

So, Donnie and Mark, do me a favor and trade Dirk to Phoenix. Please. I'm sick of getting my heart ripped out of my chest.

PS the game's over and they're still over 60%

No comments: