Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Empty Bowl

Well, the Longhorns won last night on a last minute drive. Colt McCoy proved he is a clutch player once again. And he should be a leading contender in the Heisman race next year. But it didn't mean anything this year. It wasn't enough. It pisses me off that my team won, again, and I'm not happy. My team won it's last game in a thrilling game and not only does it not matter. It might have dropped them from the No. 2 spot. USC and Utah made strong cases for themselves to be ranked above Texas by outclassing Penn State and Alabama respectively.

You might call me a spoiled Texas fan. But why shouldn't I want to strive for a National Championship. Isn't that what sports is all about? It's not winning bowl games. It shouldn't be about margin of victory. It should be about winning. Period. If last night's game was a playoff game. How happy is Texas nation right now? Advancing to a semi final round. Depending on the number of teams in the field, obviously. But instead, I don't even care. Wopty do. We beat Ohio State. And we're probably staying at No.3 or dropping lower. Excellent.

I know some of you are getting tired of the ranting and the pissing about a playoff system. I'm preaching to the choir for the most part. I just don't understand why you are still watching.

No comments: