Friday, August 8, 2008

Fantasy Football 2008: Draft Board Movements

OK, for those of you who know me, I'm a fantasy sports nut. If it's draftable, I love it. So, in honor of my obsession, I thought it would be suitable to start blogging about it. Where you will get my deepest, inner most thoughts about who is worth drafting. As long as you're not drafting in my league. Anyway, on with the show.

Steve Smith: Suspended two games - Combined with the fact that his worth is dependent on Jake Delhomme and I'm not drafting him in the first 6 rounds or until I've already filled my starters at QB/RB/WR.

Brandon Marshall: Suspended three games - Even though it's an extra game, I would draft Marshall as a third receiver. Before the suspension, I had him behind only 5-6 receivers in the league. He'll help you down the line when it really matters.

Aaron Rodgers: Now that Brett Favre is gone, you know he'll start. How good is he? The Packers played better against my beloved Cowboys when Favre was off the field. Nothing against Favre, but it looked to me like the kid had something. He's not your typical first year starter. I'd take him ahead of Marc Bulger (injury risk, line shaky), Eli Manning (game plan), Garrard (game plan), Rivers (questionable talent), Jake Delhomme (injury risk) and Jon Kitna (questionable talent, game plan).

Brett Favre: Only concern is the Jets offensive line. I know they "upgraded" their O-line with Damien Woody, Alan Faneca and Calvin Pace. But Favre's blind side is being protected by D'Brickashaw Ferguson. And lets face it, he hasn't exactly been all pro over there. Plus, the offensive line is about continuity. Knowing what the other teammate will do in certain situations. And they just haven't played together enough to convince me they can take it to the next level. Having said that, having the threat of a pass game will help. I'd draft Brett Favre normally.

Laveranues Coles & Jerricho Cotchery: I'm lumping them together because who knows which receiver will end up the Donald Driver of the Jets. But either one will take a significant boost in draft stock. Maybe one or two rounds ahead of where you had them originally. They should leave the board as the 18th to 25th receiver.

There it is. Hope it helps you out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!